Under 15s KYL Match Report


Under 15s KYL   2-1    Ashford United

An overcast morning at Central Park didn't stop a good crowd attending to see the U15's go top of KYL south, with a 2-1 win over previously unbeaten Ashford United side.
Bredhurst started very strongly and were quick to create some early chances. Jack Piper was having a lot of success down the right hand side winning several corners. From an early corner, a goal mouth scramble ensued but Bredhurst were unable to score. Eddie Pattenden was causing problems up top and he was put clean through on goal by Ben Sherlock, only for him to shoot straight at the keeper. From the resulting corner though, Bredhurst took the lead with Harry Paul rising to head home after 21 minutes. Two minutes later and a change in formation, saw Ozzy Hewett put Jaden Wilson clean through on goal for him to calmly slot the ball into the bottom left hand corner. Bredhurst were in the ascendancy and more good work from Piper on the right saw a chance for Hewett ricochet across the bar. For all their endeavour, Bredhurst couldn't grab a third goal which would have put the game to bed.
At the other end, Ashford weren't without their chances though. Luke Carter and Curtis Evans were comfortably dealing with any wide threats, and Paul and Josh McIlheron, who have formed an exceptional partnership so far this season, were restricting Ashford to long range shots, much to the relief of the hungover Bredhurst linesman.
The second half was much more heavily contested. A change in formation for Bredhurst seemed to restrict their play going forward, and it was noticeable how much more possession Ashford were enjoying. Whilst Ashford pressure seemed to be building, there were no real clear cut chances until 10 minutes from the end. Bredhurst weren't able to clear a corner and the ball came back into the box for a cool finish from the Ashford striker.
A little bit of doubt crept in to the Bredhurst players minds. A final chance for Ashford saw their striker put through one on one with Bredhurst captain and keeper Harvey Mills. Mills bravely came out to close down the striker and make a match winning save. Injury time came and McIlheron had trouble with his laces, much to the annoyance of the Ashford crowd (laceless boots next week!), but the boys held out to go top of the league.
Early days still, but the boys are all heading in the right direction.
Cup game at home next week against a good Junior Elite side from KYL north...#bettereveryweek.

Go back to the previous page.

©2008 Web Site Design by Websimple